There is currently a major project under way that could have significant affects on the therapy available for children with Cochlear Implants.The Responding to the Wilson Report 2011 – Services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children project aims to re-define the role of Advisors on Deaf Children (AoDC).
These are some documents related to this work:
- The Wilson Report
- DRAFTAoDCDevProjectconsultdoc (18June A 2012 ) (2)
- Response to AODC Consultation Document – July 2012 – v4
- Communication to Stakeholders Development Project#3 
- DRAFT – National Statement of Direction 28th September1
- UNHS Scoping Report (referenced in the National Statement)
- Response to the DRAFT National Statement of Direction – October 2012
- Communication to Stakeholders Development Project#4 – February 2013
- Communication to Stakeholders Development Project#5 – June 2013
- Communication to Stakeholders Development Project #8 – April 2015
Currently this project does not address issues like the lack of intensive and appropriate Early Intervention therapy and the lack of parental choice – both critical issues where New Zealand is 20 years behind equivalent countries like Australia.
We will post further documents as they come to hand regarding these projects.